- This event has passed.
Securing the Internet of Intelligent of Things using Ai (INTRIXIT)
October 27, 2019 @ 2:30 pm - 3:00 pm
Cybersecurity and hardware security have become the fundamental threats for major businesses today. Increasing attack includes substandard attacks, such as phishing, and on a larger scale sophisticated Distributed Denial of Service (DDOS) attacks.
The security of Internet of Intelligent of Things (IIoT) and 5G/6G Security Connectivity of the Cyber Physical systems is now a big research issue. The presentation shall show how to:
- Analyse and develop a deeper understanding of software security as a whole to capture main properties of interest to a secure network in IoT
- Understand all possible cyber threats/attacks that IoT devices can face in order to shield the network from malicious attacks, thus protecting the data flowing through the network
- Propose an efficient method to identify software vulnerabilities using concolic testing and machine learning techniques, in order to make IoT devices less susceptible to the cyber threats/attacks
- Apply this verification method to a large number of open source applications that can benefit from a rigorous software security analysis.
Furthermore, we are partnering with Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) in an annual grand challenge in how to apply AI/ML to INTREXIT, which comprised of:
- Arena/rodeo to operate the Network Challenge
- Standards that will be used for operational metrics which involves preventing attacks and ensuring AI performs as expected, training data; workflows integrating AI into current processes; and human-machine teaming model
- Knowledgebase for network traffic capture; policy for AI/ML configuration; AI strategies; execution environment; and capturing security analyst knowledge.
Over the months, the challenge will result in a repository of training data, sharing data logs and attack details. As a result it will increase adoption of AI/ML in IoT and 5G/6G security and reduce attacks.
One of the keys to becoming more sustainable is to be more efficient in everything we do, monitoring and adapting our energy usage to do things smarter. The Internet of Things will play a key role in this, but it is vital that we sufficiently secure our devices. This talk is not to be missed.